See who you are
Promise: (Col 2:14-15 NIV) having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. This is what Jesus did on the cross.
- Review: Our Creation: (Gen 1:31 NIV) God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
- Our Enemy: (1Pe 5:8 NIV) Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil.
- Our Redemption: (Gen 3:15 NIV) He will crush your head. Jesus crushed the head of Satan at the cross. God is planning your success. (Jer 29:11 NIV) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. On the other hand the devil is working against you.
Know your redemptive rights and walk in victory every day.
Way to Begin the Day: Dr. Abdul Kalam
- I am the best
- I can do it
- God is always with me
- I am a winner
- Today is my day
- New Creation: (2Co 5:17 NIV) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! Because you are born again, you have become a completely new creation. Brand new! This is not an adjustment of your old self, not a modification of your old status. You have come into a new status of being.
- New Child: (Joh 1:12 NIV) Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. God is your real Father and you are His real son and daughter when you are born again. He has come to you to make you strong. You are His loved son and daughter.
- New Spirit: (Eze 36:26 NIV) I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I have a new heart and a new spirit in Jesus. I am not hard-hearted but tender.
- New Life: (Eph 2:4-6 NIV) But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. New life has given new heights with Christ Jesus.
You have become one with Christ. You are joined with Him. What you lost in Adam in the beginning, you have regained in Christ. You are now restored to your former place of authority and dominion.
You can now hold sway over every situation in life, by virtue of your new class of being. You are as invincible, as indestructible as God. No devil can defeat you as you stand in your proper position in God. The nature of God is now yours personally. You have been declared more than a conqueror.
My friend Samuel always dreamed of starting his own business. Year after year he was faithful to his employer and he was always doing good things for somebody; not just encouraging people but fixing things at their homes, or giving them rides to the airport. He has a giving spirit. A while back another friend asked him to go to dinner. Samuel thought they were just catching up on old times, but this friend brought a proposal to start a new business. This man already owned a very successful company, but he wanted to start something new. Samuel thought that he just wanted to get his advice about it and maybe get some encouragement. But he said, “No, I don’t want just that. I want you to be my partner and we will split it fifty-fifty.”
My friend Samuel was really thrilled.
“I’d love to do that but I don’t have the funds like you do,” Samuel said. “I can’t put in fifty percent like you can.” “Don’t worry about it. I don’t need your funds,” the businessman said. “That’s taken care of. I just want to bless you because you’ve always been so good to me.” Now Samuel owns fifty percent of a growing business. His dream has come to pass. What was that? He walked into a moment of favor that God had already lined up for him.
You are Translated: (Col 1:13 KJV-BRG) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
In the kingdom of darkness, the devil kept you in sin. Even when you were small, you started drinking. Satan kept you in lying, lust and adultery. As long as you were not saved, you have no say. The devil did all harm he could do for you. (Rom 6:16 NIV) Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey–whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
You are no longer under devil’s control. You have come under the control of our Lord Jesus. The demons have no more say over your life because you are covered by the blood of Jesus.
(2Pe 1:4 NIV) Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
(2Pe 1:3 NIV) His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Since you and I belong to the high places with Jesus, Satan can’t touch you. Wherever you find Satan and his darkness operating, we should cast him out. (Mar 16:17 KJV-BRG) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Friend, it’s one thing for you to be translated, and another thing for you to be aware that you have been translated. May the Lord give you understanding?
- You are Special: You are one with the righteousness of God, holiness of God, obedience to God.
(1Pe 2:9-10a NIV) But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God;
You are special, to be envied by the devil. You are strange and a special breed. i.e Fish breed
- You are Above All: (Joh 3:31 NIV) The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. By this scripture, you are above everything happening on this earth – failure, disease, sickness, poverty, depression, frustration, rejection, barrenness, miscarriage, life’s threats, etc. Just think of it because you’re from above. This is where you are seated with Christ.
(Eph 2:6 NIV) And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
- You are a Winner :(Psa 82:6 NIV) “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’
There’s an innate victory mentality in your new nature. God’s nature is contrary to defeat and failure. He cannot fail! He doesn’t have a sense of it. It is not possible with Him! God does not know failure.
You are God’s son, produced after His kind. So you’re in His class. (Psalm 82:6). You are a born winner!
By virtue of your new birth, you have been declared a winner. You have a winning covenant with God your Father. He has destined you to win. You are not meant for failure and defeat, but for great exploits in victory.
There is no fight, however fierce, no battle however tough, that you cannot win! You can have as many victories as the battles you have, as long as you abide in God and know Him intimately. Your degree of exploits becomes unlimited.
(Zec 2:8-9 NIV) For this is what the LORD Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you–for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye– I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me.
- You are Born of God: (1Jn 5:4 NIV) for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. God is always interested in winning always. If the physical Israel can win all their battles with impunity, you can do much more than that, because you’re born of God.
- You can always win: (Rev 12:7-9 NIV) Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
Aids Victims Healed:
“My aunty, after a blood transfusion, had AIDS! I took her to the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, and it was confirmed. She had sores all over her body. In fact, she was GONE! But I knew that my God lives and He is the One that has the final say. I took her home.
It was like everybody couldn’t come near her. But in faith, I gave her my towel and my soap to use. People were saying I will contract the deadly disease but I assured them that it’s impossible because the blood that flows in me is the blood of Jesus.
I used the ‘Power of God’ (the anointing oil) on my aunty, and to my utter shock and amazement, my aunty GOT HEALED! The sores on her body started disappearing! And she started adding weight!!”
Maduka c. Miss
“In Ethiopia, a woman’s child was infected with the AIDS disease through an injection she received, and the child’s face was full of wounds.
This woman attended our Breakthrough Seminar in Ethiopia, and on behalf of her child, she was prayed for and anointed with oil. She went home and laid the same hands on her child and the wounds on the child’s face began to clear.
She went to the hospital for a re-examination, but they refused to do so, saying they had given her a diagnosis already. But all the wounds on the child disappeared in a week and two weeks later, she was re-examined and was medically certified healed of AIDS!”
Report from our World Mission Agency in Ethiopia (Bishop. David Oyedepo)